Top Ten Hottest Hot Sauces on Earth
Our Top Ten list continues this week with the worlds hottest hot sauces! We are featuring all different brands of hot sauces on this weeks list, ranked in order of hotness on the Scoville scale. If you don't know what the Scoville scale is, Wikipedia defines it as "a measurement of the pungency of chili peppers or other spicy foods as reported in Scoville heat units (SHU), a function of capsaicin concentration. Capsaicin is one of many related chemicals, collectively called capsaicinoids. The scale is named after its creator, American pharmacist Wilbur Scoville." Most commerical hot sauces, like the ones featured on our list below, are rated over 10,000 SHU because they use Capsaicin extracts to kick up the heat.
Just to give you a point of reference, Original TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce is 2,500-5,000 SHU and Frank's Red Hot original is 450 SHU. Bo's Honey Brown Hot Sauce contains chopped up jalapeño peppers, so while we haven't had it officially tested for SHU, it definitely has a kick to go along with the amazing flavor. Be sure to check out our newsletter, the Honey Brown Low-Down, for more interesting hot pepper facts.
Ok, time to turn up the heat...
The Top Ten Hottest Hot Sauces on Earth
10. Cajohns Magma Hot Sauce- 1 MILLION SHU. One million Scoville units hide under the shrink sleeve until you turn it over- then it acts like a lava lamp. Shake it up and it changes color, set it down and the capsaicin settles back to its place! Awesome!
9. Mad Dog 357 Gold Edition Hot Sauce
- 1 MILLION SHU. This bottle is packed with original Mad Dog flavor and pumped with 9 million Scoville Plutonium Extract. This combination along with the Reaper, Scorpion and Ghost peppers gives this hot sauce an intoxicating 1 million Scovilles of golden heat.
8. Crazy Uncle Jester's Spontaneous Combustion- 1.1 MILLION SHU. It is the only Ultra-Hot Sauce to ever win the Louisiana Style category at the National Fiery Food Challenge. This insanely hot Louisiana hot sauce is made with the heat of an entire bushel of habanero peppers in one bottle.
6. Hellfire Hot Sauce Devils Gold- 1.4 MILLION SHU. Devils Gold won Best Fruit Based Hot Sauce at the 2013 NYC Hot Sauce Expo and more recently the 2016 1st Place Scovie Award and the 1st Place Screaming Mi Mi Award!
2.Bumblefoot's Bumble$?@!ed Hot Sauce- 6 MILLION SHU. Not the most appropriate language, but it does get the point across. Does the name Bumblefoot sound familiar to you? If it does, that's because this sauce was originally made for Guns N’ Roses guitarist, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Talk about a pain junkie! This sauce contains habanero peppers, with bits of ginger, caffeine and ginseng! Strange combination!
And, our number one ranked Hottest Hot Sauce on Earth iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.......
1.Cajohns Black Mamba 6 Get Bitten Hot Sauce- 6 MILLION SHU. Cajohns Fiery Foods makes the list for a third time, as our number one pick. While this sauce does have the same SHU as Bumblefoot's, we chose Black Mamba 6 Get Bitten as number one for its unique chocolate habanero ingredient!
Have you tasted any of these sauces before? Leave a comment letting us know what you thought!
Check back next week for: The Top Ten Hot Sauce Festivals in The World
-The HBH Team